What is Stocklot Paper?
Stocklot paper cannot be sold as prime production paper by the paper mills for a variety of reasons.
For example, it could be:
- Transition paper where they have changed the grammage on the paper machine mid-process
- Paper which has been stored and subsequently aged
- Paper which has been damaged beyond what would be acceptable as part of the original premium order but not so damaged that it would be re-pulped
- Paper which is slightly off specification. Perhaps the coating is as little as 1% less glossy than it should be
- Trim paper, which is the excess after the mill has cut the required size for prime orders
Whatever the reason, the paper is not suitable for the mill to sell as a premium grade paper and is available to PG Paper to offer as stocklot.
How Do I Buy Stocklot Paper?
The process of ordering stocklot paper is quite straightforward:
- Contact us to talk to the specialist for your area. Our multilingual team fields calls on a daily basis from Africa, Turkey, India, Pakistan, CIS countries, Russia, Middle East, Asia and South America. We speak your language and are familiar with your business culture
- We gather information from you to understand your paper requirements, to find out the type of paper you need, how much you need and how often you need it
- We give you a choice of supply options where possible, varying by quality, price, regularity and location
- Once terms are agreed our logistics team maps out the best route from mill to your most convenient port while also taking care of the relevant documentation such as packing lists, bills of lading and tax documentation
If you are looking for stocklot paper, PG Paper offers a very personalised service. We have relationships with major paper mills and we always seek to build relationships with our customers to ensure we meet their requirements. We can be contacted by the telephone, by email or contact form or via the live chat widget on this page.
What Types of Prime Paper Are Available?
PG Paper can offer you prime paper, specially made for your end use and machine specifications. We work with many mills directly and can offer grades of prime capacity including:
- Graphical grades – newsprint, super calendered paper (SCA/B) light weight coated paper (LWC), woodfree uncoated (WFU), woodfree coated (WFC)
- Packaging grades – folding box board, (FBB), Duplex, testliner, fluting and various kraft liners with or without coatings depending on your end use
- Speciality grades – carbonless paper (NCR), coated one side label paper (C1S) and thermal papers
We procure our paper from our worldwide paper mill partners and can ship with ease thanks to our in-house logistics and documentation team. Our paper origins include:
- EU origin – Germany, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium and Italy
- Asian and Australasian origin – Australia, Japan, China and Korea
- The Americas – Brazil, the United States of America and Canada