Congratulations "Marta Lewanska", the winner of our Festive competition!!
Marta wins a PG hamper
Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make our festive celebrations such a success
Below are the correct answers to the questions asked.
1. What is Japan’s traditional Christmas meal?
Answer - Fried Chicken
2. What country did Christmas markets originate from?
Answer - Germany
3. Why do families in Norway hide their brooms at Christmas?
Answer - To stop witches and evil spirits stealing them
4. In Caracas, Venezuela how do local get to church on Christmas Eve?
Answer - Roller skates
5. In the UK, what unusual activity has become a Christmas Day tradition for many?
Answer - Going for a swim outdoors
6. From 16-24 December Mexico hosts a series of traditional processions and marches. What are they called?
Answer - Las Posadas
7. Polish families share a wafer on Christmas Eve. What is this wafer called?
Answer - Oplatek
8. On what day of the year do Russians celebrate Christmas?
Answer - 7 January
9.In Mexico, the town of Oaxaca celebrates a special festival on the 23rd December where they make sculptures out of a vegetable. Which vegetable is it?
Answer - Radishes
10. Which animal species is known in North America as the caribou?
Answer - Reindeer