- Sappi Europe Increases Prices with Immediate Effect
On Wednesday 7th April, Sappi Europe announced price increases of between 8-11% across graphical paper grades for its export markets. Further details are available in their press release.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Pixelle Acquires Two Specialty Papers Businesses
Private investment firm Pixelle has announced the completion of two strategic investments to further strengthen its portfolio and enhance its services to new and existing customers:
- paper business Rollsource from Veritiv Corporation.
- carbonless rolls and security papers business from Appvion Operations Inc.
- Hood Container Acquires Sonoco’s U.S. Display and Packaging Business
Hood Container Corporation has announced its acquisition of Sonoco Display and Packaging business for $80 million. The business produced net sales of approximately $135 million in 2020 and provides point-of-purchase display design, manufacturing and fulfilment as well as contract packaging services for consumer product customers with more than 250 brands.
- Warburg highest bidder for majority stake in Indian paper board packaging firm – Parksons Packaging
The Economic Times has named Warburg Pincus as the highest bidder to acquire a controlling stake in India’s largest independent folding carton manufacturer Parksons Packaging, outbidding peers such as KKR and Bain Capital besides Finnish packaging materials major Huhtamäki Oyj. Read more
Production and new machines commissions
- Century Pulp and Paper commissions its second tissue paper machine Following last year’s dramatic rise on paper tissue demand Century Pulp and Paper has commissioned its second tissue paper machine supplied by Valmet. The new production line will add over 36,000 tonnes per annum of high-quality facial tissue, toilet tissue, kitchen towel and napkin grades to the company’s current annual production capacity. Read more