As a global paper trader, we receive many inquiries every single day from prospective customers all over the world. In the following article, we have compiled a list of the PG Paper FAQ regarding our products and services, and have provided an answer to all these queries.
1) One of the main questions we still get asked regularly is, what is the difference between prime and Warehouse Stock paper?
– Warehouse Stock paper is any paper that is not suitable for the mill to sell as a prime product. Warehouse Stock paper can often have various defects that may include transition GSMs, damage to the reels, aged inventory or just left-overs from production. Whereas, prime paper is made to order to the machines and the customer’s specifications, and is a much higher quality type of paper.
2) How do I know whether I need Prime or Warehouse Stock?
– A prime paper is made to order for the customer specifications. An order of prime paper will be made by the mill exactly to the specifications you need with specific GSM and sizes. This will come with a mill guarantee. Generally, with prime orders, a large quantity is purchased on a regular basis and we can guarantee regular supply.
With stock lot orders the technical aspect and quality are not guaranteed and the customer can accept a range of grammages, sizes, and quantities. There is no guarantee of regular supply with stock lots and in some cases, there may be some level of damage to the paper.
3) How is paper priced?
– Paper is priced per MT in GBP/EUR/USD and it is based on your requirement to your delivery point. For example, the price could change depending on whether it was CNF (Cost & Freight) to the destination port, or DAP (Delivery At Place) straight to the warehouse.
4) How do you know how much paper you can load for me?
– The PG Paper team is experienced in loading a range of paper grades in multiple container types. We would take into account the type of paper, reel/palette size, max loading limit of the container and also regional road limits.
5) Can I visit the warehouse before loading it?
– Warehouse and loading visits can be arranged and the possibility of this is determined on a case by case basis. Should you wish to visit the material before or at the time of loading please speak to your sales representative.
6) Can PG Paper provide the documents I require?
– PG Paper provide a standard set of documents with every shipment including, a packing list, commercial invoice, bills of lading and as per customer requirements we can provide third party documents such as EUR, ATR1, etc.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected].