Jobs at PG Paper
International Business Development Executive
Would you like to be part of a growing and successful global trading company? We are an award-winning company, Scotland’s largest exporter and one of the UK’s biggest paper companies based in Greenock. The company is instilled with drive and motivation, and we pride ourselves on the attention to detail and outstanding customer service every client around the globe receives.
Our core values are centred on 'do what you love and love what you do' and this mentality is something that has driven PG Paper to where the company is today. Do you have what it takes to join our dynamic, growing sales team?
Candidate essential requirements:
- Ability to speak and write in a second language
- Experience in paper industry or other technical product industries preferred
- Overseas business travel experience desirable but not essential
- Valid passport and willingness to travel
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.
- Experienced in Business to Business sales for a minimum of 2 years
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following skills:
- Independent planning and working
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Well organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to take a project from initial steps to completion
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
The main responsibilities will include:
- Selling to designated overseas markets
- Account management of current and new business
- Researching and developing new business leads and opportunities
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets and KPIs
- Attending industry events and travelling to overseas meetings
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience, plus commission
If this sounds like the role for you please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you would be the ideal person to join our team to [email protected] by 31 August. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for interview
We are currently recruiting a Finance Assistant to join our team at PG Paper Company Ltd.
The role will support the Financial Controller in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and reconciliations.
Role of the Finance department:
Provide a finance assistance, addressing all issues of a financial nature and providing all relevant information to meet external demands. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following: budget setting, cash flow forecasting, reporting and control, income management, financial reporting to external bodies, annual accounts preparation, debt management, import/export financing, foreign currency transactions, bank reconciliations, VAT Reporting.
Principal Duties/Tasks and responsibilities:
Work closely with the Financial Controller to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters. Support the Financial Controller as follows:
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cash Flow preparation
- Credit Control
- Supplier statement reconciliations and payments
- VAT Reconciliations and Submissions (UK and Europe)
- Bank, Credit Card and Petty Cash reconciliations
- Assist with Import/Export Financing processes including Trade Loans and Letters of Credit
- Process Foreign Currency Transactions
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Resolution of finance related queries.
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures.
- Provide financial support to team members.
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in team meetings
- Assist with process improvements
Experience of working within a finance department. Both candidates with accountancy qualifications and QBE will be considered. Understanding of accounting processes and procedures, double entry and Trial Balance. Attention to detail. Hands on approach. Willing to put forward ideas and seek to implement improvements where possible. Good communication skills. Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits package include Pension, Bonus scheme, Medical Insurance (after 2 years’ service), long service holiday increase.
Job Type: Full-time
If this sounds like the job role for you please send your CV to: [email protected] for further details.