Established in 2003, PG Paper Company Ltd. is an award-winning company, based in Scotland. The company is led with strong values and ethics, which have been crucial in our success as a leading paper company in the UK. We therefore seek a forward-thinking, analytically sound individual who also showcases the same values that the company strives for.
Serving a wide range of industries including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, luxury drinks and e-commerce, paper touches every ecosystem. PG Paper connects global markets, buying and selling where opportunity demands.
Ready for a career at PG Paper? We have a new, exciting opportunity for a Business Development Assistant, to work within our team based in Greenock.
We have an exciting new project at PG Paper, where we require an experienced Business Development Assistant to join our team. As a Business Development Assistant, you’ll be assisting with multiple projects at each stage of their development, working with a diverse team across all departments. The individual will be highly motivated and driven with excellent communication and organisational skills. The successful candidate will have experience and insight of managing a range of complex, multi-function activities all of which support our business. They will also have a strong understanding of an Operational role and multi-disciplinary organisations. They will be an effective communicator to all areas of the business with a result focused mindset.
- Selling to or buying from designated overseas markets
- Account management of current and new business
- Researching and developing new business leads and opportunities
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
- Compiling and analysing sales figures
- Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Reporting to senior managers
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Good networking skills
- The ability to build and strengthen long-term relationships
- The ability to keep overall strategies and goals in mind
- Ability to understand and influence diverse customers/markets/channels
- Proactive follow-up and monitoring – checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action where necessary
- Determination to succeed even within challenging market conditions
- Commercially astute
- Demonstrate a blend of entrepreneurial and process-driven mentalities
- Team player as well as a motivated individual operator
- Driven, resourceful, proactive, and resilient
Apply for this post by sending us your CV and a brief cover letter telling us about the one unique skill that you will bring to the team and why you would be the perfect fit for this role.
Next, we will review your CV and if you shine bright enough on paper, we will give you a brief telephone call to get more information and to answer any initial queries you might have.
After this short chat if we find you to be a fit for the role, we will arrange a zoom video interview for the following week and if selected in this round, you will be invited for the final stage in-person detailed interview in the week succeeding that.
To know more about the company and the team, visit us at www.pgpaper.com
Office Location: Greenock
Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Covid-19 Considerations: Our head office is fully compliant with Government guidelines on safety in the workplace.
Salary: Competitive, negotiable dependent on experience
Apply Now: Apply for this post by sending us your CV via email: [email protected]