The Role Business Development Enablement Executive
Given our continuous growth, PG Paper is looking to recruit multiple proactive, self-motivated and knowledgeable Business Development Enablement Executives to join our high-performing Business Development team.
Your role will primarily involve working withour global Business Development team to maximise profitability and sales opportunities by providing ongoing and proactive support.
FSB – International Business of the Year (Scotland) 2020
EY – Scale Up winner 2020
SME Scottish Business Awards – Scottish Business of the Year 2019
There has never been a more exciting time in the paper industry; consumer and governmental demand for environmentally friendly packaging, combined with the growth of ecommerce, has seen unprecedented global demand.
Serving a wide range of industries, including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, luxury drinks and ecommerce, paper touches every ecosystem. PG Paper connects global markets, buying and selling where opportunity demands.
An award-winning, fast-growing company, PG combines entrepreneurialism with an established global network. Headquartered in Scotland, we also have offices across the US, Sweden, and Dubai.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Pro-actively support the Business Development team to meet business objectives through the timely and efficient processing of Sales and Purchase Orders in order to meet revenue targets
- Identify all data and information to target and support sales into new & existing accounts
- Produce any sales, customer or competitor information reports as required by management
- Provide efficient and knowledgeable support to ensure successful customer account management is attained and demonstrated
- Ensure efficiency within the office through professional liaison and good communications with other internal departments and agents of the business
- Arrange and oversee all courier activity, acting as the primary Point of Call, (POC)
- Act as a secondary Point of Call for customers/suppliers
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with general team administration, as required and directed by your line manager
- Exerts attention to detail, identifies trends; reports the problems as necessary
- Does any necessary administrative work including filing reports or presenting the Sales team with necessary documents
The candidate should display the following:
- Strong sales understanding, with solid communications skills and telephone manner
- Highly developed attention to detail is essential
- Ability to efficiently apply themselves, time-manage and ‘multi-task’ in daily operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a mandatory requirement
- Ability to work on their own initiative in order to meet the needs of a busy sales office
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team meeting specific support duties
- Self-motivated, creative and focused on meeting deadlines
- Commercially aware, with an appreciation & understanding of profit implications
- Experienced, PC literate and knowledgeable in the use of MS Office products
- Self-motivated, ambitious and personally driven to achieve results whilst supporting a thriving Sales team in a demanding environment
- Background in sales operations within a similar industry would be beneficial
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced working environment
- Able to constantly demonstrate a sense of urgency in all situations
- Excellent team player, who is smart/professional in appearance with a good sense of humour
- Organised and structured in managing priorities and meeting set goals is essential
We are an entrepreneurial and service-driven organisation, we believe in recruiting at the highest levels and encouraging a culture of collaboration and appreciation. Hiring the right people and treating them well is a key ingredient of our continued and long-term success.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
• Company pension
• Positive, diverse and goal-orientated working environment
• Opportunity to work with an international team
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Our Head Office is fully compliant with Government guidelines on safety in the workplace
Apply for this post by sending us your CV via email: [email protected]
Apply either on Indeed or through our contact form