At PG Paper, our purpose is to positively enrich our global communities. Part of this is achieved by our core talent – enabling trade and connecting markets – and our vision is to be a global leader at doing so. We’re looking for an ambitious and passionate Commercial Manager to join our global community and to help us realise our vision.
Established in 2003, PG Paper Company Ltd. is an award-winning company, based in Scotland. The company is led with strong values and ethics, which have been crucial in our success as a leading paper company in the UK. Serving a wide range of industries including newspapers, magazines, tissue and packaging – paper touches every ecosystem. With exponential growth, we now operate in over 60 countries, and have a number of offices located worldwide. The company is in a key stage of growth, balancing entrepreneurial flexibility with the creation and introduction of processes and systems. Small enough for you to make a major difference; big enough to do amazing things.
Ready for a career at PG Paper? We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have an exciting new opportunity at PG Paper, where we require a Commercial Manager to join our team to help lead an exciting new venture. As a Commercial Manager, you’ll be a driven, reliable big thinker who is dynamic, an excellent communicator, terrific project manager and implementer, someone who loves achieving business outcomes by working across all departments within the organisation. You’ll be a creative thinker and have a real gift for spotting business bottlenecks, opportunities and threats, being the ‘fuel’ for the company by creating and maintaining consistent implementation plans, furthering the business strategy. You’ll join the dots in the business, providing operational support as well as opportunities for the teams to take advantage of their combined knowledge and skills to grow revenue. You’ll seek competitive advantage, wow customers, problem solve and reach strategic goals. You’ll love learning, are thirsty for knowledge, enjoy problem solving and creating success. Commercial acumen is a must.
The successful candidate will look to optimise the operational business performance, apply commercial knowledge to the running of the business, and inspire, encourage and support the teams wherever possible. Be our intrapreneur!
This role will be primarily office-based, although some travel may be required.
- Manage and lead the project development of a new business venture.
- Explore and exploit new avenues, opportunities and initiatives to deliver business growth.
- Implement and execute the business strategy consistently.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Create, implement, maintain and manage systems and processes to deliver business objectives.
- Build meaningful relationships internally and externally.
- Join the dots. Spot the bottlenecks internally that obstruct success and with the teams and seek to remove them. Spot the opportunities to be more successful and look to enhance, develop and maximise them.
- Provide relevant analysis and apply rational thinking to making us better.
- Manage change and transformation.
- Commercial and business experience – you may have owned and operated your own business at one time, or been a business leader, a business analyst or a change facilitator. You will have experience of working broadly across organisations. You will understand how businesses work holistically.
- Great analytical skills – you will be able to quickly assimilate information and numbers using this as a basis for asking questions, informing decisions and providing business insights.
- Be approachable, listen well, work with others respectfully, getting the best from others, inspiring them to be better than they think they can be.
- Be digitally and technically savvy.
- A collaborative problem-solver.
- Commercially astute – be able to understand the P&L and what it really says about the business, understand the levers that increase revenue and margin.
- Highly accountable behaviour with solid personal responsibility and high levels of personal initiative.
- Deep commitment to personal growth – to being the best you can be and continually improving.
- A doer/finisher with the determination to get things done on time and in the right way.
- Manage multi projects, keeping the wheels turning through to successful completion.
- An excellent communicator.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Pension scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
- Medical Insurance.
- Raising money for charity – (we’re all about giving back, and having lots of fun in the process!)
How to apply
To apply for this role, send us your CV and a brief cover letter telling us about the unique skills that you will bring to the team and why you would be the perfect fit for this role.
Next, we will review your CV and if you shine bright enough on paper, we will give you a brief telephone call to get more information and to answer any initial queries you might have.
To know more about the company and the team, visit us at www.pgpaper.com
Office Location: Greenock
Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive, negotiable dependent on experience
Apply for this post by sending us your CV via email: [email protected]